Monday, May 19, 2014

Robin Thicke's Attempt To "Get Her Back"



Your move, Paula. 

Robin Thicke proved rumors of a splashy public gesture true Sunday night when he debuted his new track – the unambiguously titled "Get Her Back" – at the Billboard Music Awards, seemingly dedicated to his estranged wife Paula Patton. 

"All right, you got to help me try to get her back now," he said just before launching into the song, which seemed like an apology set to music. 

"I never should have raised my voice or made you feel so small," he sang. "I should have kissed you longer, I should have held you stronger. I'll wait for forever for you to love me again." 




Although he never mentioned Patton by name during the performance, he very pointedly thanked "my wife" earlier in the show while picking up an award for Top R&B song for his smash hit "Blurred Lines." 

"Most importantly, I'd like to thank my wife for her love and support and for putting up with me all these years," he said during his brief speech. 




Thicke, 37, and Patton, 38 announced their separation in February after nine years of marriage. The two have 
been an item since they met at an 18-and-under club when he was 14 and she was 15, and today are parents to son Julian, 4. 

Paula Patton and Robin Thicke  ~ 2003

While the cause of the separation isn't fully clear, Thicke has seemingly been on a crusade to win her back ever since the split. 

"I want everybody here to know that I'm trying to get my girl back," an emotional Thicke told fans at a concert less than a week after news of the separation went public. "I'm going to need you guys to help me through this." 




Another thing that's helping him through? His music. 

"Everything about this moment in my life – this amazing year I just had and what I'm going through personally – has actually ignited some of the best writing I've done in a long time," he told PEOPLE in March. "Whatever everybody's wondering about, they're going to hear it all in the album." 



No comments:

Post a Comment